Online home furnishings and decor retailer Wayfair is to create 160 new jobs in Galway.
The company is expanding its European operations centre in the city and will open a new facility on the Tuam Road to house the expanded operation.
It already employs over 200 people in Galway.
Wayfair vice president of sales and service Liz Graham said the expansion will enable the company to support strong European growth.
The new jobs will be in areas including customer service, finance, business analysis, recruitment, training and IT services.
Jobs Minister Mary Mitchell O’Connor said creating jobs in the regions is “a key part of what we want to achieve.”
“Ireland is now equipped to seize the opportunities presented by the growth of e-commerce by utilizing our skill base and technological capacity,” she said.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 18 Oct 2018Dublin Port to speed up investment as growth exceeds all expectations
- 18 Oct 2018Half of female bosses can’t get funding, finds new report
- 15 Oct 2018Rising interest rates are expected to cool the market for wind farms
- 15 Oct 2018Budget picks
- 15 Oct 2018Irish food supplier Greencore to sell entire US business for €927m