UK-based Sports Direct has purchased the former Boyers department store site on North Earl Street in Dublin City Centre in a deal believed to be worth €12m.
According to a report in The Irish Times, owner Mike Ashley acquired the premises whose sale was handled by DTZ Sherry Fitzgerald.
Boyers closed up shop in January having traded for over 100 years. Workers were shocked when informed of the news in September, prior to an ordinary wind-down.
The company had employed 83 staff at the time.
It is understood the site had attracted the attention of German discount supermarket chains Lidl and Aldi.
Sports Direct, which owns 50pc of Heatons, had previously been linked to the Clerys site on O’Connell Street.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 22 Jun 2018New MSD drug plant in Dublin gets nod
- 22 Jun 2018The Big Tech Show: Why are we freaking out about Amazon jobs?
- 19 Jun 2018
- 19 Jun 2018Nama surplus for taxpayers forecast to reach €4.5bn
- 14 Jun 2018Tesla plans to cut 9pc of workforce, says Musk