UK-based Sports Direct has purchased the former Boyers department store site on North Earl Street in Dublin City Centre in a deal believed to be worth €12m.
According to a report in The Irish Times, owner Mike Ashley acquired the premises whose sale was handled by DTZ Sherry Fitzgerald.
Boyers closed up shop in January having traded for over 100 years. Workers were shocked when informed of the news in September, prior to an ordinary wind-down.
The company had employed 83 staff at the time.
It is understood the site had attracted the attention of German discount supermarket chains Lidl and Aldi.
Sports Direct, which owns 50pc of Heatons, had previously been linked to the Clerys site on O’Connell Street.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 15 Oct 2018Rising interest rates are expected to cool the market for wind farms
- 15 Oct 2018Budget picks
- 15 Oct 2018Irish food supplier Greencore to sell entire US business for €927m
- 12 Oct 2018Brexit the big cloud in bank’s forecasts for jobs and growth
- 12 Oct 2018Iseq hits two-year low as market volatility returns