Tech giant Amazon is to create 500 new jobs in Dublin over the next two years as the firm bids to up its European headcount.
Amazon, which is headed up by Silicon Valley chief Jeff Bezos, is looking to add data centre technicians, software engineers, and customer support staff.
The announcement is part of the company’s larger intentions to create thousands of jobs across Europe this year.
Amazon came to Ireland 12 years ago and currently employs 1,700 here after adding a further 300 people in 2014.
The new roles will be based in its online retail arm and its data storage unit, Amazon Web Services, both of which will be based in Dublin.
The company also has another base in Cork.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 15 Oct 2018Rising interest rates are expected to cool the market for wind farms
- 15 Oct 2018Budget picks
- 15 Oct 2018Irish food supplier Greencore to sell entire US business for €927m
- 12 Oct 2018Brexit the big cloud in bank’s forecasts for jobs and growth
- 12 Oct 2018Iseq hits two-year low as market volatility returns