Latest official figures points to annual decrease of 38,300 or 1.8 per cent
Unemployment has fallen to a new post-crash low of 7.8 per cent as conditions in the jobs market continue to improve.
The latest official figures show the number of workers classified as unemployed fell by 1,500 to 169,700 in May.
This equated to an annual decrease of 38,300 or 1.8 per cent.
The State’s headline rate of unemployment now stands at an eight-year low of 7.8 per cent, a level not seen since October, 2008.
The figures also show that youth unemployment, which stood at 20.8 per cent just 12 months ago, has fallen to 15 per cent.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 15 Oct 2018Rising interest rates are expected to cool the market for wind farms
- 15 Oct 2018Budget picks
- 15 Oct 2018Irish food supplier Greencore to sell entire US business for €927m
- 12 Oct 2018Brexit the big cloud in bank’s forecasts for jobs and growth
- 12 Oct 2018Iseq hits two-year low as market volatility returns