AIB’s listing on the main securities market has provided the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) with the largest IPO in Europe in 2017.
AIB’s admission to a primary listing on the main securities market follows the sale of a 25pc stake in the group by the Minister for Finance, raising approximately €3bn for the State from Irish and international investors.
AIB’s ticker for trading on the market is AIB1.
Commenting on the announcement, Deirdre Somers, CEO of the ISE said that they were proud that the ISE is hosting the biggest IPO in Europe this year.
“This is a very positive step for AIB and the banking sector of Europe’s fastest-growing economy. We congratulate AIB on successfully executing its IPO and wish it every success in the future,” Ms. Somers said.
CEO of AIB, Bernard Byrne, described listing as an “important milestone” for the bank, saying that it provided the bank with “a platform to diversify our shareholder base within Europe and beyond.”
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- Credit unions to pay refunds after miscalculating interest on loans
- More females required to meet construction demand – CIF
- UK warns there will be no Brexit deal unless EU softens on Irish border
- WATCH: Is this the most powerful iPhone ever? A review of the Xs and Xs Max
- Dublin Airport on course for 30 million passengers
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 21 Sep 2018Credit unions to pay refunds after miscalculating interest on loans
- 21 Sep 2018More females required to meet construction demand – CIF
- 21 Sep 2018UK warns there will be no Brexit deal unless EU softens on Irish border
- 19 Sep 2018WATCH: Is this the most powerful iPhone ever? A review of the Xs and Xs Max
- 19 Sep 2018Dublin Airport on course for 30 million passengers