HBAN, the all-island group responsible for the promotion of business angel investment in Ireland, has won the best Business Angel Week award at the European Business Angel Awards.
Angle investment provides capital for business start-ups, often in exchange for a share of ownership in the company.
HBAN, which is a joint initiative of InterTradeIreland and Enterprise Ireland, won the prestigious European accolade based on the success of its Business Angel Roadshow that it held last year.
The roadshow took place over the course of 48 hours in four locations: Waterford, Dublin, Cork and Galway and raised a total of €6m in new angel funding.
“We are delighted to have won this European award that recognises the success of our Business Angel Roadshow campaign,” John Phelan, national director of HBAN said.
Since 2007, HBAN angels have invested €73m in 362 separate deals.
When the €113m invested by other funds in those deals is added, this is an overall total of €186m invested in Irish start-ups in the last 10 years.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- Credit unions to pay refunds after miscalculating interest on loans
- More females required to meet construction demand – CIF
- UK warns there will be no Brexit deal unless EU softens on Irish border
- WATCH: Is this the most powerful iPhone ever? A review of the Xs and Xs Max
- Dublin Airport on course for 30 million passengers
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 21 Sep 2018Credit unions to pay refunds after miscalculating interest on loans
- 21 Sep 2018More females required to meet construction demand – CIF
- 21 Sep 2018UK warns there will be no Brexit deal unless EU softens on Irish border
- 19 Sep 2018WATCH: Is this the most powerful iPhone ever? A review of the Xs and Xs Max
- 19 Sep 2018Dublin Airport on course for 30 million passengers