Kildare-based technology firm vCloud.ie has invested €300k in what it describes as a “cutting edge” cyber security product.
The product is the first of its kind currently available globally. Designed to protect operating systems and online facing services, the product can withstand hundreds of thousands attacks per minute, surpassing other online security systems.
“We expect the frequency and severity of cyber-breaches against companies to dramatically grow as hackers continue to become more sophisticated. Secure7 provides essential and unrivalled security against hackers,” Richard Meehan, ceo of vCloud.ie, said.
The announcement comes following an Irish Economic Crime survey from PwC which found that online attacks make up almost half of the economic crimes reported by Irish businesses, outstripping asset misappropriation and accountancy fraud.
“Businesses with an online presence need to start treating the threat of security breaches in the same manner as retailers treat the threat of shoplifters. We envisage secure7 as the ultimate preventative measure for companies,” Mr Meehan said.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 24 May 2019More than €8 of every €10 spent by shoppers on cards is still instore
- 24 May 2019Personal injury costs threaten retail viability
- 24 May 2019Consumers spent €1.7 billion online in March
- 23 May 2019Google complying with EU order in shopping case, says Vestager
- 23 May 2019Top 5 exporters account for over a quarter of all goods exports in 2017