Lender Haven has cut its mortgage rates for new and existing borrowers.
The move follows reductions last month from its parent AIB and are similar in magnitude.
The variable rate will fall by 0.25pc to 3.15pc from the start of next month for existing customers.
The same rate applies for new customers from later this month.
Savings of €320 a year for a family on a €200,000 mortgage over 30 years will result from the rate cut for existing customers.
There are also reductions in a string of fixed rates, which are proving increasingly popular with first-time buyers.
Four-year and five-year rates will be reduced by 0.5pc.
The three-year fixed rate comes down by 0.45pc to 3.20pc.
The new two and four-year rates will be 3.20pc, with the three at 3.20pc, and the four and also the five-year rates at 3.30. New fixed rates apply from tomorrow.
Similar decreases in rates at EBS, which is also part of AIB, are expected in the coming weeks.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- Economy shrugs off Brexit threat to grow at fastest rate in EU
- Ireland’s biggest mobile operator warns customers of possible data disruption over four days
- Monday 12 March 2018 Ulster Bank kicks off new mortgage war with string of cuts to fixed rates
- Irish SMEs aren’t investing enough, warns ESRI study
- Only 11pc of SMEs using renewables
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 16 Mar 2018Economy shrugs off Brexit threat to grow at fastest rate in EU
- 16 Mar 2018Ireland’s biggest mobile operator warns customers of possible data disruption over four days
- 12 Mar 2018Monday 12 March 2018 Ulster Bank kicks off new mortgage war with string of cuts to fixed rates
- 12 Mar 2018Irish SMEs aren’t investing enough, warns ESRI study
- 12 Mar 2018Only 11pc of SMEs using renewables