If your loan is sold to a vulture fund or another bank all of the original contracts remain the same – though that includes the obligation to make repayments.
AIB isn’t selling residential home loans, which carry special protections.
While the legal situation doesn’t change, the lender’s approach can. In some cases vulture funds are more open to writing off debt, if they can get cash upfront from the debtor. But, they are also far less embarrassed than local banks about taking hard legal action against defaulters.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 18 Oct 2018Half of female bosses can’t get funding, finds new report
- 15 Oct 2018Rising interest rates are expected to cool the market for wind farms
- 15 Oct 2018Budget picks
- 15 Oct 2018Irish food supplier Greencore to sell entire US business for €927m
- 12 Oct 2018Brexit the big cloud in bank’s forecasts for jobs and growth