If your loan is sold to a vulture fund or another bank all of the original contracts remain the same – though that includes the obligation to make repayments.
AIB isn’t selling residential home loans, which carry special protections.
While the legal situation doesn’t change, the lender’s approach can. In some cases vulture funds are more open to writing off debt, if they can get cash upfront from the debtor. But, they are also far less embarrassed than local banks about taking hard legal action against defaulters.
Article Source: http://tinyurl.com/kbwqb42
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 24 May 2019More than €8 of every €10 spent by shoppers on cards is still instore
- 24 May 2019Personal injury costs threaten retail viability
- 24 May 2019Consumers spent €1.7 billion online in March
- 23 May 2019Google complying with EU order in shopping case, says Vestager
- 23 May 2019Top 5 exporters account for over a quarter of all goods exports in 2017