New Revenue system to hit SMEs for unpaid tax
The Revenue Commissioners will chase more small companies for unpaid tax following the launch of a new high-tech debt management system.
Revenue’s Debt Management Services (DMS), which was brought in last week, uses technology to deal with a wider range of taxpayers.
This will include those who previously may have been too costly to identify and pursue.
A Revenue spokesman said that it would deliver “improved profiling of cases and deliver significant increased capacity to manage and support compliance and tackle non-compliance”.
“The new debt-management system will enable Revenue to review customers with lower turnovers on a more regular basis.”
Debt to revenue includes annual taxes, such as self-assessed income tax and corporation tax or taxes paid on a periodic basis such as Vat or PAYE.
The technology also offers more flexibility for phased repayments, however.
“The new system is fully online, allowing documentation to be uploaded electronically. It provides much quicker turnaround times for clarifications.
“It also gives customers greater flexibility to manage their payment schedule and make certain alterations to suit their circumstances,” said the spokesman.
Article Source: Click Here
- Ibec expects employment growth to slow down in 2019
- Central Bank seeks extra power to force banks to further increase their capital
- Booming economy sees incomes soar to record levels
- Controversial copyright reforms get backing of EU countries
- First Budget surplus for State since 2007 as ‘lost decade’ took toll on national purse
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 18 Apr 2019Ibec expects employment growth to slow down in 2019
- 18 Apr 2019Central Bank seeks extra power to force banks to further increase their capital
- 18 Apr 2019Booming economy sees incomes soar to record levels
- 17 Apr 2019Controversial copyright reforms get backing of EU countries
- 17 Apr 2019First Budget surplus for State since 2007 as ‘lost decade’ took toll on national purse