Self-employed to qualify for welfare pay of €203 a week
Self-employed workers will be entitled to weekly jobseeker payments if they become unemployed from November.
The new social insurance benefit scheme, announced today, aims to provide assurance to people setting up or running their own business.
Up to €203 will be provided for nine months for people with 260 or more self-employment PRSI contributions or six months for anyone with less.
Welfare changes for self-employed workers is one of the most significant policy decisions taken by the Government since the crash.
Under the scheme, applicants will have access to the full range of employment supports available to other jobseekers.
Graeme McQueen, head of communications at Dublin Chamber, said the organisation was “pleased” to see moves being made to improve the situation for self-employed workers.
Article Source: Click here
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 16 Oct 2019Ireland sees 12% increase in brand value – survey
- 16 Oct 2019Fear of ‘difficult’ tenants driving landlords out of market – RTB
- 15 Oct 2019Activity in construction industry sees first slowdown in 6 years
- 15 Oct 2019Dublin market heading for big gain on Brexit hopes
- 15 Oct 2019China imports, exports down in September as growth cools