Manufacturing production down 9% in June – CSO
Production in the manufacturing industry dropped by 9% in June compared to May 2019, according to the latest Central Statistics Office data.
Annually, production for June was down 2.1% when compared with the same month last year.
Seasonally adjusted volume of industrial production for the three months from April 2019 to June 2019 was 3.5% higher than in the preceding three month period.
The figures also show the “Modern” sector showed a monthly decrease in production of 17% in June 2019 and an annual decrease of 4.7% when compared with June 2018.
There was a monthly decrease of 3.3% in the “Traditional” Sector for June 2019 and an annual increase of 1.1% compared with June 2018.
Turnover decreased by 4.5% for Manufacturing Industries in June 2019 when compared with May 2019. On an annual basis turnover decreased by 1.9% when compared with June 2018.
Article Source: Click Here
- Card spending continued to rise in second quarter
- Committee recommends broadband network remain in public ownership
- Average monthly rents hit record level for 13th quarter in a row – report
- Stock markets higher on hopes for stimulus, trade progress
- Threshold, USI call on Govt for scheme to protect rental deposits
- 21 Belvedere Place, Dublin 1
- +353 1 855 4188
- +353 1 836 6550
- 22 Aug 2019Card spending continued to rise in second quarter
- 22 Aug 2019Committee recommends broadband network remain in public ownership
- 22 Aug 2019Average monthly rents hit record level for 13th quarter in a row – report
- 21 Aug 2019Stock markets higher on hopes for stimulus, trade progress
- 21 Aug 2019Threshold, USI call on Govt for scheme to protect rental deposits